"Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father"
Welcome to the Church of the Pilgrim Holiness!!
What a joy it is to have you with us today! We are excited about what the Lord is doing among us here and know that you are going to enjoy service with us.
The bible tells us in Hebrews 10:25, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching”. – KJV
CHURCH OF THE PILGRIM HOLINESS, INC.
In 1923 the Lord enabled our first Pastor the Late Rev. Samuel A. Howard to begin the work that would ultimately result in the Church of the Pilgrim Holiness. The Church began at 160 Jefferson Ave, Brooklyn, N.Y.
In 1924, the first effort was made to formally organize the Church. First was the Sunday School, which within a few years, became affiliated with Brooklyn Sunday School Union. During the years that followed six other departments came into existence. On July 1, 1927 the Church was incorporated in the State of New York.
In 1954, a few years before the death of Rev. Samuel A. Howard, a committee was formed for the express purpose of seeking a more suitable place of worship. After careful inspection of various properties our present building, 24 Arlington Place Brooklyn, NY 11216, was selected in September 1957.
In 1955, Rev, Eugene A. Howard, son of our first Pastor, became the Church’s second Pastor. With the help of the Lord, He continued to press toward the fulfillment of his father’s vision. Due to God’s help and the commitment of the members, the building was consecrated in 1958. The Corner stone was laid on Sunday August 2, 1959. The Dedication Service was help on February 28, 1960. By 1971, the mortgage was paid, Praise The Lord. On February 28, 1973 God called our second Pastor home, after he spent many faithful years in God’s work.
On May 18, 1975, Rev. Carlos Esteban was installed as the Church’s third Pastor. He served the Lord faithfully and accomplished many great things for the lord. With the Lord’s help growth was seen during his ministry through the baptism of new converts. New Ministries were established such as the Haitian and Pilgrim Senior’s Ministries, Sis. Mareata Esteban was instrumental in assisting her husband in this ministry. Early in 2005 the Lord called home our beloved Pastor Esteban.
For ten months Rev. Dorene Watkins our Associate Minister with God’s help was successful in fulfilling the duties of Pastor. After a time of mourning a search committee was formed to seek a Pastor.
On November 27, 2005, by the grace of God, Rev. Dr. Keith S. Burnett was installed as the Church’s fourth Pastor. The Lord has been gracious to His Church, our Pastor and members. It is through His Spirit that His Church continues to grow and the Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ is upheld. The church of the Pilgrim Holiness, Inc continues to abide in Christ.
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD
“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,” Colossians 3:23
Our goal is to help spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ through different mediums.